Recipes: Pizza Pizza
Ah pizza, honestly… I’ve never really cared for it, lol. Okay, so I was a very strange child growing up, what can I say. *shrugs* However, as time goes by I find it far more tolerable now. Especially if I can find a really good pizza, usually I can’t, but my partner did find a great pizza joint in Airlie Beach. Of course that still means money and when you don’t have a lot you try not to spend it. So I turn to home cooking, after all, I can make a pizza for under $5. 🙂 Now I’m sharing my latest recipe with all of you. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5-10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Yields: 2 personal pizza (about 6-8 small slices each)
- 1 package of two, ready eat, garlic and herb flavoured, small 9″ (22-23cm) pizza bases
- 1/2 lbs (200kg) of ground (minced) beef, browned, drained of fat
- 4 cups tomato paste
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup black olives, whole
- 2 cups creamy Caesar dressing (I use Paul Newman brand)
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated (I use Cracker Barrel Vintage Cheddar brand)
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic & Herb Seasoning (I use McCormick brand ready to use spice)
- Ground Cumin
- Preheat over to 350 F (180 C).
- In a frying pan, add your onion, tomato, mushrooms, and beef. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until beef is browned and drain off fat.
- Take you bases and add the tomato paste. Spread it around until it covers the bottom of the base to within about 1/2 an inch of the edge. (2 cups to a base)
- Spoon out your meat and veggie mix onto your tomato paste, and spread for an even layer. (1/2 the mix to each base)
- Sprinkle the Garlic&Herb seasoning, and the ground Cumin to taste, over your layer of meat mix.
- Pour the Caesar dressing evenly over your meat and spices. (1 cup to each base)
- Place your little pizza in the over and bake until edges crisp and brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over the hot pizzas. (1 cup to each)
- Slice and serve!
Posted on March 11, 2013, in Main Dish Recipes, Recipes and tagged bake, baking, cooking, cuisine, dinner, dinning, food, main dishes, meals, pizza, post a day, PostADay, recipes. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.